Membership in MT WARN is open to all public and private water and wastewater systems
operating within the Montana. To order to become a member, download, print, then
fill out the MT WARN Membership Form and Mutual Aid Agreement. An Authorized Official
of the water/wastewater system must sign the Mutual Aid Agreement. Then send these
two documents to MT WARN, c/o MSAWWA, 885 Berland Loop, Conrad, MT 59425 or fax
to 406-271-2331. Once the information on this form and agreement has been received,
verified, and filed, you will receive a welcoming letter or email that will also
give you web site membership login information.
Click here to download and view the MT WARN Membership Form.
Click here to download and view the Mutual Aid Agreement.
What can MT WARN do for you?
In order to be eligible for federal grants and reimbursements before, during and after an emergency, all community water/wastewater systems are to:
- Adopt the National Incident Management System (NIMS).
- Support the development of interstate mutual aid programs.
- Integrate response at the field, local and state levels of government.
The MT WARN program will help facilitate meeting these requirements.
Why is there a need for MT WARN?
MT WARN Benefits
- No cost to participate.
- Increased planning and coordination.
- Enhances access to specialized resources.
- A single agreement provides access to all member utilities statewide.
- Expedites arrival of aid.
- It is consistent with the National Incident Management System (NIMS).
- Provides a current list of emergency contacts and phone numbers.
- Reduces administrative conflict.
- Avoids federal bureaucracy.
- Increases hope within our communities that recovery will come quickly.